Sunday, May 4, 2008

New Day #129


I'm in Palm Springs, where I sat on a panel at the book festival about the gay influence on straight culture. Which means I got to hang out with a whole bunch of hilarious gay writers, including (from right to left) Eddie Shapiro, author of Queens to the Kingdom, Joel Derfner , author of Swish, and Christopher Rice, author of a whole lotta bestselling books.

We all had such a good time we decided we should have our own gay version of The View called Look, Bitch.

That said, I decided that meeting new people doesn't necessarily count as a New Thing, so I made sure to go to Jamba Juice and have a Berry Fulfilling smoothie, which I found Berry Embarrassing to order.

Digg | Del.icio.us | Reddit | StumbleUpon

5 comments:

Debbi said...

Ooh, Christopher Rice is cute. I've read his books but his picture doesn't do him justice.

By the way, picked up your book, How I paid for collage, loving it.

Have fun!

dpaste said...

Joel actually looks happy! What did you DO to him?

Anonymous said...

But is it as embarassing as ordering the Moons Over My Hammy or Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity from IHOP?

Oh, and I wasn't aware that you've been influencing me. What have you done without me knowing?

Erin said...

If "Look, Bitch" were an actual show (which is most certainly should be), I would totally TiVo it. Totally.

Anonymous said...

Oh
My
God
My two favs, YOU and Joel Derfner. He could write the musical and you could sing it. I think I just had a mini orgasm.