Thursday, June 12, 2008

New Day #168

I finally decided it was time, once and for all, to figure out the difference between seltzer and club soda, which I drink interchangeably. I just like fizzy effervescence. (This is true of all aspects of my life.)

My extensive research on Your Friend and Mine the Internet determined that seltzer is named for a region in Germany while club soda has sodium. Unless it doesn't. Go figure.

Anyway, I got some real club soda, along with eine kleine seltzer and enlisted my buddy Tara Dublin to engage in a taste test.

To my surprise, she and I could both tell the difference, further proof that we are indeed the same person.

Digg | Del.icio.us | Reddit | StumbleUpon

3 comments:

Scot Colford said...

Oh, I can *totally* tell the difference. It's very much like the difference between Coke and Pepsi, actually with club soda being the Coke analog and seltzer being the Pepsi. Except I can be in the mood for one or the other of the unsugared items, while really only prefer to drink Coke on those rare occasions I drink pop. (I don't really say "pop" any more, but thought it confusing to call Coke "soda" in that sentence.)

dpaste said...

OK, so what IS the difference?

Anonymous said...

So, Marc, you obviously went for the A Team in taste testers: Tara is the penultimate taste maven (aside from being smart and gorgeous) - and I should know!

Love to you,
Tara's Mom