Friday, June 27, 2008

New Day #183

Wore two different shoes today, a practice I wrote about in How I Paid for College, but had never actually tried. Courtenay Hameister from Live Wire Radio warned me that she had done it in high school and nearly gave herself a concussion when she lost her balance stepping off a curb.

My legs must be two different lengths because I didn't have to make any adjustment. What I did observe is that people either noticed right away or not at all.

In other news, you can hear me do a new piece on All Things Considered.

PS Owing to the fact I began this project before New Year's, today I passed the halfway point.

Digg | Del.icio.us | Reddit | StumbleUpon

4 comments:

Fran said...

Congratulations on being halfway there! Has this assuaged your mid-life crisis or are you then going to do something even more daring and flamboyent?

gay CME guy said...

Question RE: ATC.

Where do those of us whom you only cyber know fit in? Are we part of the fictional friends contingency? :)
I will listen again at 2 more/ different computers, to help your numbers. btw, loved the "Mrs. Dalloway for Dummies" observation.

Marc Acito said...

Can't answer that one yet, Fran. I'll have to wait and see where I end up at the end of the year. That said, the project has invigorated me.

As for cyber-friends, gay cme, that's a whole other essay...

gay CME guy said...

I've always wanted to be someone's fictional friend.