Sunday, September 14, 2008

New Day #262, cont'd.

The major purpose of this project has been to gain a new perspective, and certainly riding in a balloon accomplished that. There are so many unexpected aspects. For starters, the gas heat is really noisy, so much of the trip isn't the peaceful glide that it appears to be from the ground.

Of course, it does provide several unique vantage points, like these reflections of the other balloons in the river.



Or the shadows cast.





Or this view of a sewage treatment facility.



Most surprising to me, however, was that I got a little bored after a while. Flying in a balloon reminded me of being in a sailboat, another idyllic activity that also gets dull for me pretty quickly.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. If I were the kind of guy content to glide along I probably wouldn't need to do something new every day.

2 comments:

David S said...

Beautiful pics, all of 'em. I'm with you on the quick-to-bore thing, too.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Wow, great images!!! Oh, and how thoughtful of you to share that view of a sewage treatment plant. You are just the nicest guy :)