Friday, September 26, 2008

New Day #274

As many of you undoubtedly know, I started this project because I was feeling trapped by the mundane day-to-dayness of my life. So I decided to do something new each day to shake up my routine, to invigorate myself.

And it's definitely worked. I've pushed beyond boundaries and explored things I never would have done otherwise.

But lately, I've found the opposite to be true. That the obligation to do something new feels like a drag, and I find myself looking forward to completing my commitment and returning to a life less pressured by the need for novelty.

Perhaps that's the point of the project--to get a newfound appreciation for the mundane.

But I don't know. I'm not done yet. In the meantime, I wore my clothes inside out, which I think is really fashion forward. That said, I found it difficult to unzip my fly from the inside.

2 comments:

David said...

On the other hand, it makes your package look huge.

kevin said...

Marc,
You need to think outside of the box. Not that you haven't been doing a good nob but wearing your clothes inside out is not new. You probably did it when you were a kid or drunk. You need to write letters to celebrities, politicians, or whoever and change lives for a day. Think Freaky Friday! Still love the blog.