Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Power Players and Premieres

My latest guilty pleasure is this list of Broadway's 50 Most Powerful People that Broadway Spotted put together. It's like high school all over again, except I actually find it, like, fun. I think it's unfair, though, that they declared the #1 spot a tie (Philip J. Smith and Robert E. Wankel). I suggest a fight to the death.

I was happy see Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, the producers of Smash, get "honorable mention." Incidentally, James Herbert recently compared the path my very own Room With a View took to the stage with Smash. I think one difference is our creative team isn't sleeping with the entire cast.

I don't know if we'll have a smash in San Diego, but with actors actually skinny-dipping in real water onstage, we'll certainly make a splash.

No comments: