Friday, September 25, 2009

A Night at the Opera

I'll be honest - I didn't think I'd ever need to see La Boheme ever again. I mean, I'm the guy who did something new every day for a year. But when Portland Opera asked me if I'd blog live from the performance, I couldn't turn them down. Mostly because of those comps. Oh yeah, and my love of the arts and whatnot.

So Floyd - who's blogging at justout.com - and I got a backstage tour. You'd think that since I was an opera singer and Floyd a frequent supernumerary, it wouldn't be interesting, but I never tire of going backstage. It's like being between two worlds.

So here's Floyd in the Parisian garret:



And me looking inappropriately happy by the bed where Mimi will expire of consumption.


Then the fake snow balls:



And Floyd working the stage manager booth:

No comments: