Friday, January 11, 2008

New Day #15

Slept last with my head at the foot of the bed.

BEFORE:



AFTER:



Truth be told, I've slept backwards before, but only as a teenager when having to share a bed with another boy. I guess it's supposed to be less gay, though that certainly didn't stop me. But, with Floyd out of town, I've got the bed to myself and I thought I'd try it alone. I'm told that what direction you put your head is important, though no one can seem to agree what direction is the right one. Or maybe I'm just easily confused. You know those standardized tests you take in school? The ones where you fill in holes with a number two pencil? My score on verbal abilities: 98-99th percentile. Mathematic: 88-89th percentile. Mechanical reasoning (Pully A goes this way so Lever B goes that way)? 33rd percentile. That's about the cognitive ability of a hedgehog. Or a tuna salad sandwich. So I'm not sure which way I sleep. The top of my head faces west, but that means I'm facing east. So which way is my head?

I'm not sure if it made a difference or not. The dog didn't seem to notice. He still slept at the end of the bed. But I had an especially detailed dream about being able to walk through walls with Hillary Clinton. I'm going to continue my own sleep study for two more nights and see what happens. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which way your head goes depends on your magic number according to Feng Shui or Chinese astrology or both. Or neither, if all else fails, put your head north of your dog's behind.