Friday, May 9, 2008

New Day #134

Had a day off in LA, so my high school bud Deb Sheldon showed up and put us up at the Sunset Towers, though I insisted we check in as Dr. and Mrs. Sheldon. She then schooled me in the art of retail therapy. So off we went to the Christian Louboutin store, where Deb sought a shoe so exquisite it made her cry. That is, after we finally found the place. It took us 45 minutes to locate the friggin' street, which, despite being clearly marked on the map, kept disappearing like Brigadoon. For the record, it's next to a drycleaners, an unlikely location for a store that sells $800 shoes.There I also learned the following:

"Nude is the new black."
"Toe cleavage is chic."
"You wear five inch heels C to B--from the car to the bar."

Deb is Pepper Pots for a living--like Gwyneth Paltrow in Ironman, she too can pick up the drycleaning and defuse a nuclear bomb in four inch heels. So she bought the very same shoes Gwnynnie wore in the movie.

When I asked Deb how they felt, she told me "that's not the point."

Digg | Del.icio.us | Reddit | StumbleUpon

1 comment:

Rick Bettencourt said...

$800 shoes, toe cleavage etc. Good Lord. Does that mean my Wal-Mart $25 boat shoes are out of style?