Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New Day #139

While in NY to see Patti LuPone in Gypsy, my dad and I stopped in at the Marriott Marquis to have elevator races. Turns out the hotel's glass elevators are all computerized and what-not, so we had to program where we wanted to go, in which case we kept getting assigned the same one. Still, neither of us had ridden them before, so we cruised up to the 45th floor.

It felt like being shot into space in a lunar module. Or one of those pneumatic tubes at the bank.

Digg | Del.icio.us | Reddit | StumbleUpon

6 comments:

Rick Bettencourt said...

No plans for you to come to Boston? I want a signed copy of your book!

gay CME guy said...

How was Gypsy?! Is Patti as phenomenal as others are saying?

dpaste said...

Ah, the Marquis. I had some good sex there.

Anonymous said...

Riding in those elevators always reminds me of the movie THE TOWERING INFERNO. Remember how the elevators in that building were glass and ran up the side? Every time I stand against the glass at the Marquis, I'm always hoping not to do a Jennifer Jones and plunge all the way to the bottom leaving only my cat to be taken care of by my forlorn boyfriend. Good Times!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen this article about elevators? It talks about the elevators in the Marriott Marquis.

Marc Acito said...

Patti sang the paint off the walls. As for Boston, Rick, no plans, but I'm happy to send you a book plate in the meantime.