Thursday, July 10, 2008

New Day #196

Or perhaps I should say Nude Day. For I've now used the self-timer on my new camera for the reason God intended it: to take nude pictures of myself.

As someone with a lifetime of body shame issues, I found it both liberating and instructive. Liberating because looking at myself naked from new angles allowed me to see for myself that I look better than I thought. And instructive because it motivated me to continue to work on the changes I'd like to make.

Let's face it, it's harder to live in denial when you have photographic evidence.


Digg | Del.icio.us | Reddit | StumbleUpon

9 comments:

Kevin said...

Well from what i see you look damn good! And im not just talking about that hot ass love all the pics you post....you even inspired me to have my very own Tiara Day at the office.

dpaste said...

That's lovely, now take one facing the other way.

And do I see evidence of no tan lines?

Well done, my friend, well done. I envy you your hairless dorsal view.

Anonymous said...

Where's a quarter when I need one?

Marc Acito said...

No tan lines=no tan. I live in Oregon, remember?

Colin Matthew (TheBookPirate.com) said...

What is this your fourth new thing involving nudity? Nude bike riding. Running around naked. Laying naked in bed with two other people.

I'm not complaining.. just noticing a pattern here.

Anonymous said...

There are very few things in life that can't be improved with the inclusion of nudity.
Frying chicken naked is the exception though. That's just unpleasant.

dpaste said...

Sheesh, you with no tan = darker than me after a day at the beach = envy.

A Lewis said...

oh my. the camera does, indeed, do good work. sauvie island or rooster rock or your own back yard. somewhere that eliminate those tan lines.

Layne said...

You know, we don't really have proof that you are naked. You could be (and probably are) wearing waders.